Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow.....

Unfortunately, William was still in school the day our family had to return to England. On this day, he had a Kindergarten Song Celebration with a cookie and juice reception that followed. It was so lovely yet bittersweet. It is so hard to believe that just a few months ago I had to "let go" as he started his school career. Just as I get used to the idea, he is finishing the year and gearing up for the excitement of first grade! Where in the world does the time go?!! It seemed like ages when I was a kid for time to pass and now it just whizzes by me at lightening speed. The same could be said for the wonderful time we have had with Sally, Jon and the kids......they just arrived, it felt like, and here they were getting prepared to leave.

Chris, William and I promptly left the little "reception" and headed home so that we could take/follow Sally, Jon and the kids to the airport. Jon had only roughly three gallons of gas(petrol) in the car as we adventurously headed out to DFW. He made it back the rental car return on only fumes (and a sigh of relief)!!! It was here that we said our goodbyes. It was a very sad moment for William as he realized that he wouldn't see his cousins again until next year. I got a bit misty eyed as well. We had such a fabulous time and hated to see them go. But, until we see them next year, it will phone calls, emails and webcams. For William, Kate, Meg and Jonathan it will be Webkinz!! (Sorry Sal!) ;o)

We are really looking forward to next year!!

No comments: