Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a week it has been....

It is now Sunday, but I am very happy that it is. Being Sunday means that there is no camp, no trips, no worrying about whether or not Chris is going to China or not, no worrying about who can take care of my kids while I am gone...don't forget the dogs too. Those are just a few of the things that happened during the week last week.

I am happy to report that William absolutely loved his week at Lego Camp last week. He went with his friends, Cole & Krystyna, and got to build a new item each day. The obsession with Lego has intensified. We are now looking at Lego catalogs and magazines making lists for birthdays, Christmas and also figuring out how many weeks we have to save our allowance to get other items. Good and bad that he is doing that. Good that he has taken it upon himself to create lists, figure costs, etc. Bad because he has convinced Jonathan that he needs to make a list as well with some of the items that he would like on it added to Jonathan's already growing list. :o) Oh joy. Can't wait to see what I end up vacuuming up this time. Good thing for tunnel vacuums! ;o)

I left on Thursday for my annual trip to Waco for work and Chris ended up returning to China on Friday. This is why I was concerned about where the kids would stay....I was in Waco until last night! Luckily, I have wonderful friends who were very generous and gracious enough to take on the crazy Rooke boys overnight until I returned. THANK YOU LISA AND CAROL!!!! :o) Our neighbor Kyle helped us out with the dogs.

Although Chris had his trip to China booked for weeks, this past week was a stressful one for him as there became a time when it might be questionable as to whether or not he would actually leave or not. He did not find out until I left on Thursday that he was certainly leaving. Stressful!!! He arrived safely in Shanghai and is now looking for an apartment.......just kidding. He did arrive safely and will be back next Saturday. Since he has been traveling there so much and will continue to for the rest of the year, I make jokes that we should really get an apartment there. ;o)

I am glad that last week is over. I am really looking forward to this week. Tomorrow the kids and I are off to Houston to visit my good buddy, Jamie and her family. It will be super good to see her and check out the new digs. A bit of relaxing, catching up and making new memories. Chris gets back on Saturday and then we can have a normal existence......at least until the next trip to China or anything else Mary Kay throw his way. ;o) Go PINK!

Houston, please don't let there be a problem. I am ready to have some fun!

No comments: