Monday, July 21, 2008

Priceless

So, we are having dinner and just chatting about our day when Jonathan asks, "What is ten plus ten, Daddy?" So, Chris and I proceed to put up our hands and instruct him to count all of our fingers to get his answer. He counts away and exclaims, "TWENTY!!". William, being the competitive one that he is, says that's easy. Here is the conversation that ensued:

Chris: "What is three sets of ten?"
William: "Easy...thirty!"
Chris: "Okay, what is five sets of ten?"
William: "Ummm, fifty?!"
Chris: "Alright, what is eight sets of ten?"
William: "Sixty?"

It is at this point that we go over the sets of ten: two sets = twenty; three sets = thirty, etc., etc. A light bulb appears above William's head and so we start over again.

Caryn: "So, what is then eight sets of ten?"
William: "EIGHTY!"
Caryn: "You are one smart cookie!"
William: "No, Mommy, I am one smart alec!"

Are you laughing as hard as I am? Got to love moments like these :o)

No comments: