Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh What a Day!!

Saturday turned out to be a fantastic, although very busy day. William played brilliantly and with heart at his soccer game. Chris finally got to see that it has been clicking with William as far as playing "footie" is concerned. Even though there were only 6 kids playing, William insisted on playing the entire game and told the coach, "I don't want to sit out, I want to play!". WOW! If only I could get this kind of fire under him to do his chores, etc.?? Hmmmm......there's gotta be a way! ;o)

As for the evening with Chris, it was superb. I got all dressed up and was looking rather fetching I might say ;o)......Chris took me to a place called Nick & Sam's here in the Big D. A very nice, upscale steak house with a fantastic wine list. It was the best steak I have ever had!! It was a wonderful night and I felt very special indeed. :o)

Sunday morning started out lovely as well.....Chris made eggs benedict for breakfast and a pot of coffee!! That is a truly amazing thing....making coffee? Chris?? He HATES coffee!! After sleeping in, a wonderful breakfast and a perfect cup of coffee, the daily grind set in. The day was no longer about me, but about celebrating our good friends children. Brysen and I share a birthday and Bryce is the very next day, so we headed to their parties and had a blast! The day went by so fast, but it was fun!

We raced home after the second party to meet our sitter, Lindsay, at the door so Chris and I could go to the Stars playoff game at 8pm. We rushed to get ready, get the kids ready for bed and out the door in 15 minutes. We took five extra minutes, but still managed to get the game on time and WHAT A GAME!!!! The whole arena was packed and it was so loud. The score was tied by the end of regulation and went into overtime, not once, twice or even three times, but FOUR!!!!! I had to call it quits unfortunately after the second OT. Not only was a I tired, but poor Lindsay had to get up for school the next morning!! We arrived home in time for the fourth OT at about 1am. As I was getting ready for bed, I heard Chris quietly clapping up a storm upstairs so I ran up there to see the outcome. Thank heavens for the Stars winning!! It would have stunk to see them play their hearts out for as long as they did and not win! So, after watching a little post game commentary, we finally mustered up the energy to go to bed...2am!! WOW! Well, there is definitely something to be said about the number 35 on Sunday/Monday.....it ROCKS!! :o)

Me on my 35th at the Stars Playoff game
Marty Turco is #35 and played the best game of his career!

1 comment:

melanie said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! YOU LOOK GREAT!! I HAVEN'T SEEN YA IN WHAT.....11 YEARS!!! CRAZY HUH???