Saturday, May 3, 2008

Celebrating and Playing Ball!

Another busy weekend yet again, but a fun one nonetheless. Last night we had a nice little celebration for my Dad and I to eat cake and revel in being another year older. William summed up Papa's age cleverly...."You are 56 like Zubov!" So, we got him a Zubov shirt (Dallas Stars player for those of you who don't know). Me, well, I have to invest in a Marty Turco shirt so we match in numbers too. Celebrations were cut short unfortunately due to an unkind time for Jonathan's first ever t-ball game.....8 am! He is playing for the Yankees. I am so proud! He did great and had a blast. It was, however, a bit on the chilly side this morning and none of us were truly prepared for it. It was about 47 degrees!! Next time, I need to check the weather before we run out in our shorts!


We're off to William's final soccer game of the season this afternoon. Here's hoping that he will continue to enjoy playing like he has these past few games. Today will be a tough one as there will only be a few kids there, so he will be playing the entire game.......he will be pretty exhausted by games end I am sure!

Tonight the kiddos are sleeping over at Mimi & Papa's while Chris and I head out to dinner. I have no idea where I am going or what I am doing. All I know is to dress nice and be ready at 6pm to leave. Mystery and I don't always do well...just ask Chris about the dress shopping! Stressful! However, I am looking forward to a nice night out with the hubby to celebrate my impending birthday.....scary that I am turning 35 years old! Where in the world did the time go?!?!?!?! Well, I feel like I am only 24 so I should be thankful for that! ;o)

No comments: