Last night was a nice night out as Chris and I went to see Alicia Keys in concert. I actually won the tickets on a local radio station in March. I was caller #9! Never have I ever won anything like that. You might be asking yourself, why did she call the radio station?? No, I don't think I am a teenager.....but, I was bored at the stop light one night and thought....Why not. Imagine my surprise! The seats were awesome and Alicia Keys was phenomenal! She has such an amazing and flawless voice. It was a truly memorable experience. Not only did we get the tickets for free....Chris managed to get us in the VIP lounge. In reality, it was his stubbornness not to get cash out. "It's the principle of the matter...they can't tell me I can't use my credit card!". Luckily, his dashing good looks, beautiful smile and English accent were enough to win over the lady at the VIP lounge door. With the gleam of "I told you so" in his eyes, he got us each a drink and paid with his credit card. ;o)
While the concert was coming to an end, Mother Nature had other ideas. A torrential downpour with a tornado watch over the area we were in. Can't she leave us alone for a few days?? I mean, I know we need the rain, but why is it always an enormous amount in such a short amount of time?? ;o) I am sure you know by now how much I love spring! I really do....
After getting completely soaked, we went home and was then greeted by a 4 yr old who was dreaming of dragons with sharpies. It seems the dragons were fire breathing and he was really hot....guess what....he had a fever. Get the sickies out of the way now because cousins are arriving in 6 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment