Future England Footballer!

It certainly was an exciting morning for the Rooke Family. It was the first challenge for Chris and I to get both boys to their soccer games which happened to be at the same time. Unfortunately, I missed William's game and Chris missed Jonathan's debut. Luckily though, I have some photos of his very first game. At first it was not going terribly well, as he found it more fun to sit back and take it all in instead of participating, but then he decided (which he will tell you) that he wanted to play. And boy, did he. So very proud of my little one!! He scored not just one, but two goals in his first game!!! YEAH!! Unfortunately, I do not have video footage as the video camera died. I would have gotten photos, but as I was taking them I got too excited when I realized what was about to happen. He got a hold of the ball and then just took off running ahead of the pack all the way to the goal. It was truly fantastic! He did really well at controlling the ball when he had it and, when he felt like it, running with the pack around the ball. Auntie Becky was there to take in the spectacle as well.
check out the ball control
Watch out, Ronaldo.....I've got fancy footwork skills too!
GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
(well, on his way to it since I missed the photo op)
Celebrating my goal with Auntie Becky!
In William's game, although they did not win, I was told by many other parents when I arrived that he did really well. I asked him what his favorite position was and he said with quite enthusiasm that it was playing midfield because "you can run back & forth, back & forth and up & down". Interesting. Why then, does he sigh and roll his eyes whenever I suggest playing outside?? ;o)
It's been a fine, fine day. One that will go down in the scrapbook, for sure.....whenever that is because I am about 6 years behind on William and 4 1/2 years behind on Jonathan. Oh well, never mind!
1 comment:
GREAT JOB!!
[click], [click]
Post a Comment