Saturday, April 26, 2008

Arrival at last!

Chris arrived safely home at about 7am this morning only to be greeted by 3 very awake little boys rushing at him in only their underwear! After a quick hello, they decided it would be a lot of fun to play basketball. Imagine, three six year old boys running around the backyard playing basketball in only their underpants being "quiet". It was hilarious! They rushed outside as I was saying, don't go out in your under.......they were already playing basketball by the time I got to the word underwear. Needless to say, it was a fun time for all the boys and I survived. Perhaps I am not that crazy after all? (Don't answer that.....)

We are all so happy to have Daddy home. However, I rushed a little more than usual to get out to a baby shower that morning. *chuckle, chuckle* The baby shower was very lovely. A very nice, relaxing get together with friends, neighbors and more for our fellow neighbor and friend, Mallory. By looking at the stacks of presents, I am sure Mallory is not going to be needing anything for a while! ;o)

Chris was finally hit with severe jet lag by lunch time. As he took a nap, the kids and I banged pots and pans....no, just kidding......we played outside and enjoyed the weather. After a nap and now several cups of tea, he has enjoyed playing with the dogs and kids outside. The sweet smell of the outdoors was quickly plucked away when the children asked to play X-B-O-X. (Jonathan and William spell it now instead of saying it as we have asked them several times to stop asking to play it so much.......clever, but annoying at times!)

Since Daddy is so overtired and is no doubt already living in Sunday, we are going to have a low key evening with an early bed time. Several fun things to do today, but relaxing and recovering are more important at this juncture. No one likes a grumpy Daddy, now do they?

Business in China was busy and productive for Chris...that's the good side. For me, the bad side is gearing up for his next trip out. I am trying not to think of that and concentrate more on my in-laws arriving in a few weeks and the fun we will have then. Chris can't keep going to China....my wine fridge won't stay full! ;o)

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Hey! It's been quiet here since Chris got home....WHAT ARE YOU DOING???