Well, what started out as a chilly morning turned out to be a cooler day than normal, although very nice indeed. Unlike normal, I had to wake up the kids this morning. Warning: If you are under the age of 6 years old or if you had a visit from the Easter Bunny, please skip over the next sentence. But, not before I raced to fill Easter baskets!! How could I forget that?! Don't answer that! Back to our day....
We then set out to church for the 9:45am service. The car park was over filled, as was the sanctuary. Chris and all of his pals that come twice a year were there.....chuckle, chuckle. Service was nice and the kids enjoyed Sunday school, although their minds were still on the loot they received from said Easter Bunny. Jonathan was over the moon with the teeny, tiny Lego he got with Cadbury's Cream Eggs. William was also overjoyed with his Clone Trooper action figure and Cadbury's Cream Eggs. The Cream Eggs are quite the luxury over here. They (or really any Cadbury), like the Easter Bunny, only come around once a year.
Once we arrived home, it was to the kitchen for me as I prepared Easter dinner for my family. Roasted lamb, roasted potatoes and lots of veg! It was a very nice meal that we all enjoyed with a wonderful new wine I picked up just for the occasion. French wine, of course! As the dinner was being prepared, the kids enjoyed a spirited and fast paced Easter Egg hunt with more Easter Eggs than baskets could hold! See the photos for the plentiful bounty!
All in all it was a very nice day. Now, it is back to the drawing board as I prepare for the neighborhood playgroup tomorrow. The wine bottle still has a drop or two left.....luckily, I did the majority of my cleaning today. Happy Easter everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment