On Saturday, March 15th, Chris and I went to see FC Dallas play LA Galaxy. It was a charity game that was held as a sort of makeup for the game in July he did not appear in. If you recall, there was a sign that was heard around the world because of his absence at that game.....Bench it like Beckham! We sat in the second row from the pitch right near the corner. It was so very cool to see him kick a corner kick!! The other neat thing was that Fabio Capello's assistant was there to watch Beckham play. Hopefully, he does decide to add him to the England team for the March 26th game. The crowd was mixed on its adulation for the soccer (err...football) star. There were screams and boos. In any case, I can scratch off #9 on my list of things to do before I die. I have now seen David Beckham kick a corner kick, which is something I never thought I could do in the USA.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
David Beckham finally makes an appearance
On Saturday, March 15th, Chris and I went to see FC Dallas play LA Galaxy. It was a charity game that was held as a sort of makeup for the game in July he did not appear in. If you recall, there was a sign that was heard around the world because of his absence at that game.....Bench it like Beckham! We sat in the second row from the pitch right near the corner. It was so very cool to see him kick a corner kick!! The other neat thing was that Fabio Capello's assistant was there to watch Beckham play. Hopefully, he does decide to add him to the England team for the March 26th game. The crowd was mixed on its adulation for the soccer (err...football) star. There were screams and boos. In any case, I can scratch off #9 on my list of things to do before I die. I have now seen David Beckham kick a corner kick, which is something I never thought I could do in the USA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Update from the home of Football - Beckham named in the 30 man squad for the France friendly - The Times Online have it on good authority he may start from the bench.....
Post a Comment