Okay, so yesterday, William is doing his homework while I am doing chores. He finishes his work and brings it to me. It's math homework and he completed it in less than 10 minutes. Once I get done looking it over and tell him good job, he turns to me and this is the conversation that ensued:
William: "Mommy, can you give me a college math problem please?"
Me (bewildered): "Why do you want one of those?"
William (Straight faced and utterly serious): "I'm not challenged enough. I need something difficult to do."
Me (bug eyed and sweating): "Why do you say that, William?"
William: "My math problems are too easy. So, where's that problem?"
Me (Still sweating -- I am so not a math person): "Okay, let's call Grandad!"
William: "Aww...sweet! He knows everything about numbers!"
What do you do when your 7 year old tells you he is not challenged enough? Well, when it comes to math....call Grandad! ;) He's a maths teacher after all!
We called him and William is still working happily on his math problem.
TO BE CONTINUED.....
No comments:
Post a Comment