Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas, Christmas

It's hard to believe that Christmas has been here and gone, but the memories are cherished! Our day started with William creeping down to tell us Merry Christmas and that he thinks Santa has come because he saw a lot of presents under the tree! YEAH! It was 7 am. He got up in our bed and patiently waited until 7:45am to tell us that Jonathan was not awake and maybe he should check on him. I told him to check to see if the stockings were filled before he did that. He went running out to the living room and then came darting back to our room. "He filled them!! But, he didn't eat all of his cookies!". I told him that Santa was probably REALLY full because of all of the cookies that were left for him the night before. William said that's why he's so fat. HAHAHA! He then ran upstairs and got Jonathan. It's now 8:15am. They come running back into our room with stockings in hand ready to rip into them. They didn't waste any time. After checking out all of the goodies left for them from Santa, William proceeded to tell Jonathan that we had to eat breakfast before we opened our presents. This is getting weird Chris and I thought, but we are taking FULL advantage. The kids gobbled up some cereal while I made a hot breakfast for Chris and I. William and Jonathan couldn't contain their excitement and were ready to open presents. But, Chris and I had to eat our breakfast. So, my lovely little children just said, "Sure Mommy! We'll just watch some tv while we wait for you and Daddy." Am I dreaming? What's going on? Who took my kids and replaced them with these quiet, patient little kiddos? Chris and I finish our breakfast without any interruptions and get our hot drinks ready. It is now 9am!!

The kids ooh'ed and ahh'ed over every gift. The picture of Jonathan with his Bionicle tells it all. What a face!! We had a lovely morning and thoroughly enjoyed the wonder of Christmas through William and Jonathan's eyes. It was so fantastic! Later on, we went to Mimi & Papa's house for more Christmas fun and dinner. It was a nice evening, although William developed a fever and we had to leave early. Not sure what happened, but he was as good as gold by the next day.

All in all it was a wonderful day! We hope you enjoy the photos!

~P.S. Since the last slide show had thank you's to all of the Aunties, this time we changed it to the Uncles. :)

No comments: