Monday, April 13, 2009

The Birthday Week

While people were enjoying the beautiful weather (and occasional thunderstorm), Jonathan was enjoying a week of celebrations for him. What a lucky boy! It all started on Tuesday, April 7th. Jonathan sat looking at the clock that morning. I asked him why he was looking at the clock. He replied, "Waiting for 8:03 am, Mommy. I'll be 5 years old then!!". Funny! We opened some presents from England and boy, were we even happier after that! Thank you Nan, Grandad, Uncle Andy, Auntie Sam, Phoebe, Maddy, Great Nan & Great Auntie Dor for the lovely presents! :)

After opening presents and eating our favorite breakfast, we headed off to school for even more excitement and celebration. Jonathan brought cupcakes to class to share with his friends as they sang Happy Birthday! When asked about his birthday, he replied, I already turned 5 years old referring to the 8:03am time and confusing his teacher in the process. Ha ha ha! That Jonathan....what a funny kid or smart alec, however you want to look at it. ;)

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday went off without a hitch, but then Saturday arrived. Ah, Saturday. The big birthday party! Jonathan celebrated his birthday with all of his friends from school and in the neighborhood on a beautiful day at the park. There were lightsaber battles, asteroid hunts, destruction of the Death Star with water balloons and even a rescue of one frozen Hans Solo. Lots of fun for all! Boy, was Mommy sure glad that it was all nearly over.....the weekend that is.

Jonathan went home with a trunk load of presents from his very generous friends and happily tore through the paper and bags of all them. Lego, Star Wars, books, action "fingers", oh my! Did I mention that he is a lucky boy? Just in case I didn't, WOW what a lucky boy!

Going to bed wasn't very easy that night because not only was the Easter Bunny arriving the very next morning, but Jonathan had one MORE birthday celebration to come. Another you say? Yes, another! Jonathan celebrated one last time with his USA family. More presents, more cake AND Easter dinner. Don't forget the generous Easter Bunny as well. Luckily, I think he knew that there would be lots of cake, so he only brought books, small Lego and a couple of pieces of chocolate. Thank heavens that rabbit thought ahead! ;)

What a week it has been. Boy, is Mommy tired. Please say there are no more birthdays for a while. What you say, there is? Well, at least I have a couple of weeks to rest. :)

No comments: